Down's syndrome - declaration of interest

By way of keeping to the Nolan Standards in Public Life, I hereby make a declaration of pecuniary or other interest ("other" actually) in the matter of Down's syndrome. To save going into detail, here is a picture of my nephew Damien:

Since Damien goes to Mass at the Birmingham Oratory, he knows many of the responses and chants in Latin. A favourite game when we meet is for me to sing "Dominus vobiscum", for him to respond "Et cum spiritu tuo" and for me then to ruffle his hair while we both shout "Aaaargh!"

You could tell me that Damien's life is not worth living or you could start trying to chew a brick. Either way you will lose some teeth.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible