New archive at the VEC

On Wednesday evening, Charles and I were at the Venerable English College in the Via Monserrato for Mass and dinner. There was a large group of priests at Mass and the Sisters of Mercy who are celebrating their 150th anniversary this year. There was also a chance to say a brief "Hallo" to Fr Philip Whitmore. He and I were contemporaries at Oxford and he is now an official at the Secretariat of State.

Mgr Nicholas Hudson, the Rector, was a perfect host as ever. He and I were at the College at the same time - it is strange to think that it is now 27 years since I started there.

After dinner, Nick kindly gave us a tour of the newly restored Third Library and the new facilities for the storage of the College's important archives. The Third Library is absolutely magnificent. I will post a photo when I get back. I have happy memories of organising a Latin evening there with Fr Reginald Foster when I was a student.

Fr Charles is the diocesan archivist for Southwark and has a particular interest in Mgr George Talbot. He knows the College archives well and was in Rome not too long ago for the official opening celebrations.

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible